Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of the holiday letting as agreed to and confirmed by payment of deposit/bond or total fee are as follows:
Are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until receipt of the deposit. All care is taken when quoting however if there is a miss-quote or an incorrect price advertised the owner reserves the right to refuse the booking or terminate the agreement.
Are subject to availability and confirmation in writing.
Usage / NO functions:
The premises are let to you for holiday purposes ONLY and only for the period stated on the receipt. NO weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked and or had beds provided for.
Check In /Check Out:
Check In is at 2.00pm unless otherwise agreed upon. For an early arrival, contact the property well before arrival to request an early check-in. Check Out is 10am. Upon availability late check out may be arranged for a fee agreed in writing. Failure to adhere to these procedures could result in the incurring of additional costs.
You are responsible for leaving the property in the state in which you found it on arrival. All breakages or losses must be reported to the owner and paid for immediately. The total cost of making good any other damage or loss to the property, garden or contents will be charged for using the security bond taken. Please note this includes the removal of consumable items from the property which are provided for guest use whilst in-house and are not intended as individual use presentations
(examples include laundry powder, dishwashing liquid, toiletries provided in dispensers etc).
Should you have any maintenance issues please contact Salty Souls owner Peta (0438091905) immediately so that it can be rectified in a timely matter. No refund or change of property will be possible once your booking is confirmed. Salty Souls does not accept liability for changes made due to renovation, alteration and refurbishing of the property. Please be mindful of any maintenance reported to us, as any issues which are user error will be charged from your bond or your credit card. We endeavour to keep our website updated at all times.
Keys are to be collected from and returned to the onsite Key Box on departure.
It is our policy to have all locks changed if keys or are lost or not returned. All associated costs will be charged to the credit card provided for payment (or left for security) if this occurs. Similarly, any remote controls will be replaced at your cost if lost or not returned.
There will be a minimum charge of $100
NO Smoking/ NO Pets:
Salty Souls is a No Smoking Property. Pets are not allowed on or about the premises. A Penalty of $1000 will be applied and you will have to vacate the property immediately.
Rubbish – please put out your BIN on Monday night
Rubbish bins (red lid bins) are emptied on each Tuesday. Recycle bins (large yellow lid bin) are emptied every Tuesday on a fortnightly basis. All rubbish and recyclables must be placed in the necessary bins and not left in the premises. Failure to comply will result in a fee of $100 per bin being charged for additional rubbish collection. For your own comfort and the next guest please place smelly rubbish (Fish/Prawn/Meat scraps/overflow of Nappies) in the TOWN BIN positioned in the park across the road on Trivia St. This will be appreciated and make life easy for all.
Queensland Ergon Electricity recommends your Air Conditioner is designed to work best at the optimum temperature of 25 degrees AUTO.
Entry to locked cupboards and pool pump shed is strictly prohibited. Breach of this condition may result in forfeit of bond.
In the event of the property being offered for sale, the occupier agrees to allow the owner or his agent to inspect the property with prospective purchasers during reasonable hours and by prior appointment.
Salty Souls is to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. (Penalty is an extra night’s accommodation)
- Standard cleaning services on your departure are included in your rates. Guests are expected to leave the properties in a neat and tidy state. However, there is a standard rate to clean the property, in the event it goes over you will be charged the outstanding balance. This will be deducted from your bond or if greater than the bond charged to the credit card provided for payment (or left for security) at the discretion of Salty Souls.
- You must keep the premises clean and in good condition and repair. Please note that the BBQ needs to be left in a clean state. If any article of furniture and effects or fittings eg: Beach Towels becomes damaged, lost or taken during the period of occupation, you will be responsible for reimbursement and/or replacement. The amount will be deducted from the bond, and if the amount exceeds the bond, payment will be taken from your credit card or an invoice will be sent to you for payment within 7 days. If you fail to make payment, we will seek legal action and you will be refused future accommodation.
- Reasonable usage of electricity, gas any other utilities or services (including internet if available) provided at the property are included in your rates. Excessive use (more than a 30% increase compared to similar periods) of any of these utilities or services may be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security). If charges are passed onto the Guest, evidence of charges will be provided on request.
- Properties which provide local telephone calls included in the rate, do so for up to 6 calls per day. Non-international calls. Costs for additional calls and international calls may be passed onto guests.
- Salty Souls or the owner of the property is not liable for loss to you of any personal belongings while you are in the property. Guest items found by our cleaning staff are kept in storage for 6 weeks before discarding. It is the guest’s responsibility to follow up any items that may have been left behind at the property. We request that guests send a reply paid envelope in order for us to return the items.
- Additional administrative and or call out charges may be charged if we are required to oversee a breach of Guest Terms & Conditions or attend the property for any other reason apart from scheduled visits.
Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm costs apply as follows:
– Call outs to properties are charged at a minimum of $100 which covers up to 2 hours including travel time and costs, and $50 per hour applies thereafter
– Administrative costs are charged at $50 per hour
Premiums are charged at 125% for Saturdays, 250% for Sundays and 275% for Public Holidays
- Instructions/Manuals for how to use the electrical appliances and internet (if internet provided) are provided at the property in the bottom drawer under the oven. If you require assistance with anything, please call Peta (0438091905). Before sending a technician, we will firstly troubleshoot with you over the phone to resolve the issue. If we are not successful, we can then organise a technician to come to the property. However, please note that if the issue is determined to be user error, we reserve the right to pass the charges onto you.
- No smoking & No Pets in the property (Penalties apply as well as your stay will be terminated)
- The number of guests staying at the property must not exceed the number agreed to in the booking details
- For all properties, the noise level must be inaudible from neighbouring properties between 10pm and 8am Sun-Thu, and between 11pm and 9am Fri-Sat.
- All guests are expected to behave in a manner that does not cause distress to neighbours or interfere in any way with their right to enjoy their properties
- If guests require an additional change of sheets and towels during their stay, an extra fee will be charged.
- Children’s Rules: No Biro’s, Textas, Play Dough, Paint & Crayons allowed
- Please do not alter the television settings. A call out fee of $100 plus charges incurred will be charged.
- Qld Ergon Electricity recommends your Air Conditioner is designed to work best at the Optimum temperature of 25 degrees AUTO.
- Please avoid sitting on furniture in wet bathers or sandy clothing.
- Please do not take lounge furniture outside. Outdoor furniture is provided for this purpose.
- Keep kitchen and BBQ tidy, leave as you found them as there is a surcharge if the property is not left in a satisfactory state
- Day Bed: For the respect of other guests could you please place beach towels on the day bed
- Please do not take glass of any kind into the pool area. Plastic glasses are available
- For your own comfort and the next guest please place smelly rubbish (Fish/Prawn/Meat scraps/overflow of Nappies) in the TOWN BIN positioned in Tom Mcdonald park across the road on Trivia St.
- Please put Bins out on Monday night, Green bin (general garbage) weekly /Yellow lid (recyclable) fortnightly charges apply if not actioned.
- Put your keys in the key box at the entrance for your convenience. Charges apply if lost.
- Salty Souls has been set up for a fun stay for all, if you accidentally take any items home a fee will be deducted from your bond. eg: Beach Towels/Umbrellas $60 per item
- If you have any maintenance issues please do not hesitate to contact us so we can rectify the problem as soon as possible. Please be mindful of any maintenance reported to us, as any issues which are user error will be taken from your bond.
- Please be aware that the flooring / tiles are very slippery when wet
Upon Leaving the Property:
- Salty Souls is to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure
- Guests are asked to empty the bins and put rubbish in the appropriate waste disposal.
- Guests must ensure that all air conditioners and lights are switched off and that all doors are closed and locked. Please place the keys back into the key box.
If you require assistance with anything, please call Peta 0438091905
Thank you for your co-operation and for booking your holiday with Salty Souls Palm Cove
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Payment of deposit or total fee for your booking indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If you cancel or reschedule due to COVID 19 travel restrictions regarding border closures less than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled commencement of your stay, your full accommodation payment is 50% refundable. If you cancel greater than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled commencement of stay, 50% of your deposit will be refundable. This will apply to all cancellations or rescheduled bookings affected by travel restrictions.
- If you cancel or reschedule your booking not due to COVID 19 travel restrictions regarding border closures your deposit or full payment is non-refundable.
- A 25% deposit is required to confirm your booking. Full payment of accommodation is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival.
- $500 Bond to be paid 6 weeks out prior to your arrival at the same time as full payment of accommodation.
- Non-Payment of Full Amount – If after a number approaches this amount is not paid or a decision is not made by you (the guest) within 6 weeks of arrival the booking may be cancelled and the holding deposit will not be refunded.
- The $500 bond and credit card details is to be held until after your departure. Funds may be retained from the bond if these Terms & Conditions have been breached, if additional cleaning is required or if there have been breakages or damages. If the bond doesn’t cover the fees we shall debit the remaining fee to the credit card that was given for security.
- If you leave early once in house no refunds will be given. No show will incur full value of accommodation.
- Bookings will be confirmed after payment within 48 hours for Deposits or balance of payment otherwise the booking will be cancelled.
- Payment will be made by direct credit unless otherwise agreed by Salty Souls, a credit card is required for security along with bond.
- You must only provide credit card details for which you are authorised to use.
- Use of American Express incurs a surcharge of 2%. MasterCard /Visa credit cards surcharge is 1%
- Quoted daily rates apply during your stay based on your current arrival date, length of stay and number of occupants. Any additional persons will alter your daily rates. Full rate is payable if departing earlier than departure date and no refund is given. If partial guest/s depart early full maximum rate is still applicable and no refund will be given.
- If the booking has been made via a 3rd party booking agent, additional cancellation fees may apply to cover any commissions paid. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance to cover you in the event of an unforeseeable cancellation. Travel insurance can be purchased from various suppliers
- Security for payments required under these terms and conditions must be provided by credit card and direct credit.
- Invoices are issued and payment must be made in Australian dollars.
- By making payment of the total fee you have an exclusive licence to occupy the property for the days specified when you book (but not possession).
- Our right to cancel – we reserve the right to cancel your reservation if the property has been sold or if we have made a mistake in relation to the price of your stay. We will ensure that we notify you of such mistakes within a week of your booking, provided your stay has not started yet.
You should not wait until you return home before complaining about any matter as no inspection can be carried out when others are occupying the property. We welcome hearing from you in relation to any complaints or concerns and prefer that you phone us immediately so that matters can be resolved quickly. The place of law is Queensland and the courts of Queensland have exclusive jurisdiction.
Your occupation of the property may be terminated by Salty Souls without notice in the event that you breach any material term or condition or in the event that any amount due is not paid.
- Salty Souls enters into this agreement on behalf of the owner of the property and is not liable to you in relation to the property or any services. Information on websites, brochures or any written or verbal material supplied as at the time of compilation has had due care and responsibility to verify and check, however, as this information is subject to change, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy in pricing or misdiception contained in the publications.
- Whilst all measures are taken to avoid any property being misrepresented by the property owner, Salty Souls is in no way liable for any advertising misrepresentations as property owners are solely responsible for the accuracy of their listings and information.
- Neither Salty Souls nor the owner of the property can be held responsible for failure or interruption to power or services to the property for reasons beyond our control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Salty Souls and the owner disclaim all warranties in relation to the provision of services and the use of the property, and otherwise our liability is limited at our option to the supply of the relevant services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again.
- Neither Salty Souls nor the owners are liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits which result from use of the property and services provided to you.
- Salty Souls reserves the right to relocate a booking to an alternative property of similar standard and location at any time. In this instance, guests will be offered either a full refund OR asked to confirm their stay at the alternative property if available at the time.
- Salty Souls do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force of nature or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
If you have any enquiries what so ever please do not hesitate to contact Peta, we will do everything we can to ensure your holiday runs smoothly.